Monday, July 18, 2011

The Fourth


I always enjoy the bang and beauty of fireworks, but this year it felt extra special. There have been many memories to look back on, things that we ask each other, "Do you remember when we did that or this?" I remember last year over the Fourth of July thinking more about how special Wes was becoming to me. We had been courting for over six months, and I knew that I liked him a lot! We went to see the fireworks at the Bay with my brother and his fiance. This year as we walked to go join the crowd to see the show, Wes and I were remembering how we walked behind them last year, watching them hold hands. At the time we wondered when the Lord would see fit to work it out that that would be us. 

This year, what a fun thing, we got to go together as an engaged couple!  Sitting there in the dark with the crowd next to my Honey, looking back and knowing how blessed I was, all the while seeing big burst of color...I think it is one of my favorite engagement memories so far. 


No comments:

Post a Comment