Friday, June 8, 2012

Homemaker Gone Pro


This has been me, the barrista, for a year and a half. Many espresso shots later I am moving into a new season of life. I am thrilled to pieces about the change of schedule. I was so thankful at the time to get this job when I did, the Lord's timing is good in both coming and going. Now after a short and wonderful time of being married I am "retiring" to focus more on home.
Even though it will probably be just the two of us for a while still, one of the reasons for me quiting the coffee shop was to be able to enjoy this season to the fullest, just "us" only happens once! 

 A disclaimer for my fellow younger married ladies is that I really think there is nothing wrong with working outside the home before kids, as long as you have your husbands support and encouragement. For my friends with more energy, and for those who love their jobs, and to those who are being great helpers to their husbands by working a bit...I think you guys are pretty awesome.


We are looking forward to being more flexible to: attend family gatherings, go camping, and do more outdoorsy things over the summer! Wes is excited at the thought of having me here when he arrives home from work, what a joy that is! We are also looking forward to getting to work on projects and ministries together, with me bugging him or helping.

Ask me about the adventures I have planned if you are curios, they will probably include some form of canning, biking in our beautiful Northwest, soaking up sunshine, walks with Wes, visits with grandmas, coffee with friends, meals with family, some scrapbooking (requested by Wes, boy what a hard request), a bit of sewing, and keeping our home a clean and welcoming place! 


 Come for a homemade espresso...I will probably be here smiling away.

Cheers to Woods, may you do well, I will miss my Cedar Iced Americanos with White Chocolate!

5 comments:

  1. Totally awesome post. You are gem, Shelby (And I think your hubby knows it!) Have a blast!!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy for you in this new season of life...I know you will embrace it to the fullest (and I definitely plan on coming for a homemade latte from you every now and then... =)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray for a new season of life!! Can't wait to see how the Lord blesses you! I'll miss seeing your smiles at Woods!
    ~Roxana

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy the Lord has led you to this new season! Homemaking is such a precious thing. I looove my time at home cooking, cleaning and making it a safe and welcoming haven for Kyle. It's very fulfilling isn't it?

    ReplyDelete