Friday, May 25, 2012

Jalapenos N' Pizza

     I had a craving for pizza last night, one of the girls at work ordered one and got it right there at the coffee shop! That got me really thinking. So after I got off work I did the quick "google trick" for a whole wheat pizza dough recipe. I tried this recipe for the dough and really liked it. I let it sit for about an hour while going to the Y, it doesn't say to do that, but it worked. I liked how it snuck in some wheat germ, who knew? I also pulled out some jalapenos from a jar, boy, what a kick! We dipped it in a lot more ranch than was healthy I am sure, but it was good. I was proud of the fact that mine was much healthier and cheaper than the delivered one, 15 plus a tip for delivering it, for a tiny thing...this lasted us two meals! My fun in the kitchen from yesterday. :)

The toppings:
left over spaghetti sauce
sauteed onions, red pepper, jalapenos, and garlic
a little bit of sausage that we had left from a breakfast at the fire station (my excuse for eating it and enjoying it;)
cilantro
fresh tomato
and lots of mozzarella and parmesan cheese
so good!

1 comment:

  1. Yummy! I LOVE homemade pizza. I love that you pretty much can't go wrong with throwing stuff onto it.

    ReplyDelete